A group of stock that was taken for reference, digital painting, or photomanipulation. Not all the images will be photo manipulation quality. I'm sorry for that, conditions just wouldn't allow me to dictate that for certain.
These images include horses bucking, kicking, spinning, rearing, and generally "showing off".
This pack stars: Bellagio (8 year old Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion) - the black with the roses - who was showing off for a teaser mare out of the frame of the photograph. Mageeda Marie (Straight Egyptian Arabian yearling cherry bay filly) - one photo of her spinning to change direction. Alixer (13 year old Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion) and his precious albeit pitiful excuse of a ball. He fills the pack because he was by far the "performer" that day.
I am open to comments to improve my offering in the future, but please understand I am neither a photographer or a stockist.
I took these pictures while checking out some horses to buy and/or breed to, and thought that some of them might be useful to the Dreamers of Avalon members in a number of ways.
Since I am not a stockist - I don't have rules posted on my page, so please follow all rules for Dreamers of Avalon as well as the following:
1. Absolutely no depictions of animal cruelty or abuse.
2. At the time of use you are a member of Dreamers of Avalon.
3. Give me credit for the photo regardless of how it is used - reference, stock, etc. I spent my time and energy doing this for you - you can reciprocate with a quick reference to me.
Just link to me on DA as :icon weavingmagic: (without the space) or link to Dreamers of Avalon group - either is acceptable.
Giving credit for use of stock or reference does not take away from your talent - and instead shows you to be a respectful, honest, and fair person to deal with.
4. Notify me with a quick message (not on my front page - but a private message please). My account is WeavingMagic. This allows me to oooh and ahhh over your work, and favorite it, and maybe learn a thing or two myself (I am still new at digital art and am trying to learn as I go as well).
5. Do not re-post photos as your own, or as mine and you are sharing. These are ONLY available to Dreamers of Avalon community and as such are not to be shared with anyone else. I hold the copyright on the photographs. You hold the copyright on your art, and as such you may post your art anywhere you like as long as the other stock providers used agree to the same. I would like a link to these postings, and DO REQUIRE the same type of credits as on DA.
6. Do not only crop, adjust levels/saturation/etc. and call it yours. That is not a sufficient change. Put some effort in. Regardless of your level, the only way to improve is to practice, try, and learn. I don't pass judgement for honest attempts. Try, and you can and will learn things!
7. You may use my stock in prints. If you make it available as a print at any time, let me know - I may well want to order one myself!
Follow these rules and we will be on perfectly good terms - fail to and regret it.
I *WILL* take appropriate and necessary action against anyone who fails to follow these simple rules.
So in order to use any of this stock, I have to join the group, and I have to use 2 pieces of stock from specific stock providers?
Just wondered if I am reading the rules right. I would love to be able to use one of two of these for painting reference, but I don't have the time to have to pick some stock that I must use in order to be able to use these images here...
Jealouusss! I'm hoping to make a trim with my friend this summer and that might be a farm on our list We're goin for a road trip for about a week (so we hope) to go to all the big farms in Texas, or we'd like to try hehe.
Awesome and yeah, I know it'll take more than a week, but we wanted to get to as many as we could lol. I've already visited Toskhara! It was awesome! And we might go to Arabians LTD on their Farm Conference day Aug. 13th!
Hi there, these look like some super dynamic and awesome shots! However, I'm no longer as interested in doing manipulations these days and am not a member of that group...I was wondering if I could still use these strictly as references for anatomy/poses without joining?
However, Dreamers-Of-Avalon is not only for photomanipulation people, it is for anyone who uses the stock for any purpose, be it reference, digital painting, or photomanipulation. You should really consider the possibility of joining if you use stock for reference because we offer some really wonderful exclusive stock for people just like you.
The requirements to apply are on the front page at [link]
It's quite possible you may have already fulfilled the requirements, or may find even more stock providers you can use that will allow you to fill the requirements.
Thanks again though for your interest and comments regardless of what you decide. I really appreciate you willingness to comment.
I see, thanks a lot for your reply! I'm most definitely going to take the time to go over those requirements again and I'm most certainly going to make an attempt to join up; I'd do anything to get this awesome horse stock available to me!