A group of stock that was taken for reference, digital painting, or photomanipulation. Not all the images will be photo manipulation quality. I'm sorry for that, conditions just wouldn't allow me to dictate that for certain.
These images include horses bucking, kicking, spinning, rearing, and generally "showing off".
This pack stars: Bellagio (8 year old Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion) - the black with the roses - who was showing off for a teaser mare out of the frame of the photograph. Mageeda Marie (Straight Egyptian Arabian yearling cherry bay filly) - one photo of her spinning to change direction. Alixer (13 year old Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion) and his precious albeit pitiful excuse of a ball. He fills the pack because he was by far the "performer" that day.
I am open to comments to improve my offering in the future, but please understand I am neither a photographer or a stockist.
I took these pictures while checking out some horses to buy and/or breed to, and thought that some of them might be useful to the Dreamers of Avalon members in a number of ways.
Since I am not a stockist - I don't have rules posted on my page, so please follow all rules for Dreamers of Avalon as well as the following:
1. Absolutely no depictions of animal cruelty or abuse.
2. At the time of use you are a member of Dreamers of Avalon.
3. Give me credit for the photo regardless of how it is used - reference, stock, etc. I spent my time and energy doing this for you - you can reciprocate with a quick reference to me.
Just link to me on DA as :icon weavingmagic: (without the space) or link to Dreamers of Avalon group - either is acceptable.
Giving credit for use of stock or reference does not take away from your talent - and instead shows you to be a respectful, honest, and fair person to deal with.
4. Notify me with a quick message (not on my front page - but a private message please). My account is WeavingMagic. This allows me to oooh and ahhh over your work, and favorite it, and maybe learn a thing or two myself (I am still new at digital art and am trying to learn as I go as well).
5. Do not re-post photos as your own, or as mine and you are sharing. These are ONLY available to Dreamers of Avalon community and as such are not to be shared with anyone else. I hold the copyright on the photographs. You hold the copyright on your art, and as such you may post your art anywhere you like as long as the other stock providers used agree to the same. I would like a link to these postings, and DO REQUIRE the same type of credits as on DA.
6. Do not only crop, adjust levels/saturation/etc. and call it yours. That is not a sufficient change. Put some effort in. Regardless of your level, the only way to improve is to practice, try, and learn. I don't pass judgement for honest attempts. Try, and you can and will learn things!
7. You may use my stock in prints. If you make it available as a print at any time, let me know - I may well want to order one myself!
Follow these rules and we will be on perfectly good terms - fail to and regret it.
I *WILL* take appropriate and necessary action against anyone who fails to follow these simple rules.
So in order to use any of this stock, I have to join the group, and I have to use 2 pieces of stock from specific stock providers?
Just wondered if I am reading the rules right. I would love to be able to use one of two of these for painting reference, but I don't have the time to have to pick some stock that I must use in order to be able to use these images here...
Jealouusss! I'm hoping to make a trim with my friend this summer and that might be a farm on our list We're goin for a road trip for about a week (so we hope) to go to all the big farms in Texas, or we'd like to try hehe.
In the Wind Rises
Tribute Contest, we
asked you to
celebrate the art of
Hayao Miyazaki by
creating a very
special Tribute to
the art of "The Wind
Rises." Each of the
entries picked by
were featured on the
in a billboard that
linked directly to
Equipment I - Basic
Equipment II -
You should go grab
your tools now,
because the nex...
deviants were unable
to submit their new
Prints. Fixed by
submitted to Groups,
the "Featured in
Groups" section of
the deviation page
would no longer show
names. Fixed by
number of deviations
of certain sizes
I bring you
some more adoptables
that are about to
close (auctions) or
could use a bid! All
of these are
absolutely unique so
don't hesitate to
check them out and
offer something for
opts: reached 100
Lilyas has dedicated herself to making our community a brighter place with her vibrant artwork and infectious enthusiasm for interacting with others in our community. It has certainly paid off, as many deviants flock to her page on a daily basis to let her know how much of an inspiration she is. We absolutely agree, and couldn't let all that hard work go without recognition, so it's with great pride that we bestow the Deviousness Award for March 2014, to ... Read More